The conditions accompanied by anxiety, panic disorders, neurosis and neurotic disorders, are usually treated with tranquilizers (anxiolytics).
One of such drugs is Ativan, which belongs to the group of benzodiazepine tranquilizers. It has a broad impact on the patient’s nervous system and mental state. Ativan quickly eliminates the symptoms of anxiety, but has many contraindications and side effects.
Where to Buy Ativan (Lorazepam)
|Drug Name:||Ativan (Lorazepam)|
|Tablet Strength:||30 pills x 2.5mg|
|Best Price:||$165.00 (Per Pill-$5.50)|
|Where To Get Ativan?|
Release form and components
Ativan, Lorafen, Trapex and their analogs are released in the form of pills (10 pills in each blister). The drug can be found in carton packages. The dosage can be different – 1, 2 or 5 mg.
Some analogs are available in the form of a solution for intravenous or intramuscular injections.
All these drugs have the same active components:
• the main active substance of the pills is Ativan (in the dosage of 1, 2 or 5 mg);
• the main active substance of the solution is Ativan (in the dosage of 4 or 8 mg).
Ativan is slowly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum concentration of the drug is reached within two hours. The concentration depends on the dosage. The active component of the drug is quickly metabolized in the liver; the main inactive metabolite is formed during this process. The full excretion of the drug from the body happens within 24-36 hours.
Indications for use
Ativan is recommended for the treatment of the following diseases and nervous system disorders:
• psychological conditions;
• extreme emotional tension and anxiety;
• VS symptoms;
• psychosomatic disorders;
• insomnia, caused by stress and severe anxiety;
• epilepsy (in this case, the drug is used as part of a complex treatment);
• panic disorders;
• delirium tremens (in this case, the drug is used as part of a combination treatment);
• depression, accompanied by anxiety (use the drug with extreme caution!);
• headache, accompanied by increased muscle tension;
• manic and catatonic disorders;
• neurosis and neurosis-like states, accompanied by tension and anxiety;
• panic attacks;
• sickness and vomiting during chemotherapy.
Contraindications and restrictions
Ativan and its analogs shouldn’t be used by the patients with the following conditions:
• increased sensitivity to the drug components;
• acute intoxication; angle-closure glaucoma;
• depressive neurosis;
• myasthenia gravis; pregnancy;
• children under the age of 12.
Tactics and strategy of treatment
You should take the pills three times a day with a sufficient amount of water (a single dosage is 1 mg).
For a hypnotic effect, you should take 1-2 mg of drug 30 minutes before sleep. In case of extreme anxiety, the daily dose can be increased to 6 mg.
For premedication, the drug should be taken one hour before surgery (in the dosage of 2.5-5 mg).
In case of the treatment of convulsions, the drug withdrawal should be carried out slowly. In this case, the therapy should last about a week.
The maximum single dose for intramuscular or intravenous administration should be 50 ug/kg. The frequency and duration of treatment course should be determined by the attending physician based on the patient’s condition. In case of IM and IV administration, the daily dose shouldn’t exceed 4 mg.